Apr 20, 2011

6 Months in the Sun

... and I've got a good tan.

Seriously:  (1) where has the time gone and (2) am I really that tan?  I've had so many people comment on my tan - a local at the Post Office, a woman from Dominica at the office supply store, a friend I ran into at K-Mart, some guys at the Lost Dog (comparing arm to arm, after they have lived here 30 years), the owners at Polly's, Kirby's comment about my "gleaming" teeth the other night at dinner.  Ironically, as I was typing this, I received an email from a friend back home who I'll see Memorial Day weekend.  His comment, "I'm going to go out on a limb and wager that you'll be four times as tan as any of the rest of us."  I mean I know I'm tan (okay, I will admit that I looked exceptionally dark last night in a yellow dress), but I don't feel any tanner than I usually get in the summertime back home.  And considering there is no difference between summer and winter down here, I have been surprised by all the comments.  I'm not complaining - I just hope I can maintain this tan all summer in NC!

Still hard to believe I celebrated my 6 month anniversary down here on Monday (ironically after Lisa and Jeff and Kirby and Andy celebrated their one year anniversaries Saturday and Sunday).  Just trying to relax a little, while still getting things ready for my move home (which of course as much as I would like to chill out, there is always stress involved in any type of move).  As much as I talk about it, I don't think leaving this place and moving home have really hit me yet.  I do have to be thankful that things are falling into place nicely.  I'm moving into Shelby's for the first three months, and she is picking me up from the airport - she is also the one who dropped me off, so it's like my journey will have come full circle.  I already ordered my mattress and bedding to have delivered to her place (I guess I could officially say "our place") the day I fly back.  I was able to sell my jeep here (tear!), but the convenience of selling it for my asking price (along with the seller taking care of all of the title/registration/insurance changes as well as letting me keep it until next week) outweighed the cost of shipping it home (especially since I will be in need of a working top come wintertime).  So as seamless as the move down here went, I am hoping the move back goes just as smooth.  Of course my next big decision is what color will my new Jeep be???

No comments:

Post a Comment