Apr 17, 2011

Food Coma

When I heard about the Taste of St Croix, I was immediately interested - simply stated, I love food.  Unfortunately tickets were expensive, and none of my friends planned on going.  Then the week before, Kirby and Andy ended up with tickets thanks to Kirby's mom standing in line for hours (I also didn't realize that tickets were so limited and could only be purchased in person first come first serve - of course the event sold out that day).  I was even more bummed that I didn't have a ticket finding out that the Taste of St Croix was "Named number one on the Ten Best International Food and Wine Festivals by Forbes Travel!" Uptown Life, March 2010.  How could I miss something like this?!?

I put a note out on Facebook to see if any of my island friends knew of any extra tickets.  A big thanks to my friend Juli for getting a few leads, then an even bigger thanks to my friend Tim (and owner of best fine dining establishment on the island) for the last minute ticket hook-up!

The Taste did not disappoint and was so much more than I had anticipated.  Long story short, I have already told my brother (and fellow "foodie") that I would absolutely plan a vacation around attending this event in the future.  I have very rarely felt more miserably and disgustingly full - but it was all worth it.  Next time I just need to be more planful of my food eating strategies!

No comments:

Post a Comment