Apr 17, 2011

I'm a Green Flash?

Today started in typical Sunday Funday fashion (mostly asking myself why I haven't been doing this EVERY weekend!).  I woke up early and dropped off some of my last goodies at Polly's, then walked around Frederiksted doing some final souvenir shopping as it was a cruiseship day.  I ended up talking to three of my best girlfriends from home - two while I was sitting on a park bench enjoying the scenery and beautiful weather, the third while I had just settled in at the beach.  All three of whom I am super excited about seeing when I get home ... but after each conversation, I also started to tear up.  As anxious as I am to get home, every passing day makes me realize how sad I am about leaving.  I have loved it here - the good, bad, and ugly.  I will look back on this experience with nothing but gratefulness that I had the opportunity to experience living in St Croix - not just for the amazing views and warm weather, but even more so for the incredible friends I have made along the way.  I am not looking forward to leaving any of this behind!

My friend Bruno stumbled onto the beach this afternoon while I was hanging out with Jeff and Christi.  He took a moment to say some of the sweetest, most endearing compliments I have ever received (including his comparison of me to a green flash).  I'm tearing up again just writing this and thinking about how thankful I am to have met so many amazing people that will always make me look back on my time in St Croix with nothing but fondness.  I am truly blessed by the people in my life - both near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment