Apr 17, 2011

"Little G Monee"

It's a good thing I'm not afraid of geckos.

I am deathly afraid of snakes though, and one of the perks of living in the Virgin Islands ... no snakes!  I remember my time in St Thomas and St John in 2006 learning that mongoose were brought to the VIs to rid the islands of all the snakes.  The same is true of St Croix, and I couldn't be happier!

Of course now I face moving back to North Carolina - home of way too many snakes!!!  When my friends Steph and Wali were here (Steph's fear of spiders rivals my fear of snakes), we were discussing the idea of taking home a pet mongoose to protect me from snakes.  Steph and Wali are also some of my friends who affectionately nicknamed me G-Money (aka G$), so when they called my potential pet "Little Monee", it immediately and fittingly turned into "Little G Monee".

No comments:

Post a Comment